[ANN] V4MD_Client, Vserver Xtra

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 19 18:59:55 CDT 2003

Hi Guys,

So if you use V4MD_Client you will be interested in this new feature of V4MD
Client.

Up to now There was 2 Xtra in V4MD: Vdaatbase and Vcursor.
Now we get for Client version Vserver Xtra.

This is its methods:

"---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------\n"
    "----- Valentina for Director
-----\n"
    "----- Copyright Paradigma, 1999-2003. (www.paradigmasoft.com)
-----\n"

"---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------\n"
    "xtra VServer --\n"
    "new object me, string host, string UserName, string UserPassw, * --
[integer Port], [integer Timeout]. \n"

    "------------------------------------------\n"
    "-----        Server methods:       -------\n"
    "------------------------------------------\n"

    "OpenSession object me                        -- Establish connection
with VServer.\n"
    "CloseSession object me                        -- Close connection with
VServer.\n"

    "GetVersion object me                        -- Returns version of the
running VServer instance.\n"

    "GetVariable object me, string name            -- Returns value of a
server variable.\n"
    "SetVariable object me, string name, string value  -- Set value of a
server variable.\n"

    "GetConnectionCount object me                -- Returns the number of
active connections.\n"
    "Available object me                        -- Tests server for
availability by sending query.\n"

    "GetHostName object me                        -- Returns the name of
host.\n"
    "GetUserName object me                        -- Returns the name of
user.\n"
    "GetPort object me                            -- Returns the port
number.\n"

    "RegisterDatabase object me, string name, * -- [string path] Register an
existing database to the server.\n"
    "UnregisterDatabase object me, string name    -- Unregister database
from the server.\n"

    "GetDatabaseCount object me                    -- Returns the count of
databases on the server.\n"

    "AddUser object me, string name, string password, integer isAdmin --
Adds a new user to the server.\n"
    "RemoveUser object me, string name            -- Removes a user from the
server.\n"
    "ChangeUserPassword object me, string name, string newPassword --
Changes password of user.\n"

    "CancelConnection object me, integer connectionID -- Cancel an existing
connection by its ID.\n"
    "Restart object me                            -- Restart server.\n"
    "Shutdown object me                            -- Shutdown server.\n"

    "Refresh object me                            -- Refresh the list of the
server variables and their values.\n"

    "------------------------------------------\n"
    "-----   DatabaseInfo methods:      -------\n"
    "------------------------------------------\n"

    "GetDbInfoRef object me, integer dbIndex    -- Returns a reference to
the database info object by its index.\n"
    "ReleaseDbInfoRef object me, integer dbRef    -- Deallocates database
info.\n"
    "GetDbName object me, integer dbInfoRef        -- Returns the name of
the database.\n"
    "GetDbPath object me, integer dbInfoRef        -- Returns the path(on
the server) of the database \n"
    "GetDbClientCount object me, integer dbInfoRef -- Returns the count of
clients of the database \n"
    "DbInfoRefresh object me, integer dbInfoRef    -- Refreshes the database
info.\n"

    "------------------------------------------\n"
    "-----   ClientInfo methods:        -------\n"
    "------------------------------------------\n"

    "GetClientInfoRef object me, integer dbInfoRef, integer clientIndex
-- Returns a reference to the client info object by its index.\n"
    "ReleaseClientInfoRef object me, integer clientRef    -- Deallocates
client info.\n"
    "GetClientAddress object me, integer clientInfoRef    -- Returns the
address(name or IP-address) of client.\n"
    "GetClientLogin object me, integer clientInfoRef    -- Returns the login
of client.\n"
    "GetClientPort object me, integer clientInfoRef        -- Returns the
port number of client.\n"
    "GetClientConnectionID object me, integer clientInfoRef -- Returns the
connection ID of client.\n"

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com