[V4MD] Stopping character remapping

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 16:03:50 CDT 2003

on 10/9/03 17:50, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> May be you need find more professional fonts ?
> From Adobe for example?

These are proper fonts, developed specifically for my (extremely large and
well-known!) client, not just system ones. It just seems that Director
screws them up when going x-plat.

> Many Cyrillic fonts that I have see are just patches of western fonts
> instead of correct implementation.

These seem to be pretty complete - though it's all Greek to me ;^). They
have a full charset using the MacCyrillic encoding, so I don't think there's
anything wrong with the source fonts, just Director.

I'm attempting to avoid the problem by getting hold of proper Windows
versions of the same fonts and embedding them in Windows, rather than
letting Director do the conversion, thus ending up with platform-specific
fonts. Don't know if it works yet.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture