[V4MD] Stopping character remapping

Deane Venske dean at eduss.com
Tue Sep 16 11:00:29 CDT 2003

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to clarify something for myself. I've had some troubles
deleting from a database using SQL. Now I've nailed it down to the
following scenario :
I have a global property in RB that I use for all my cursors (To save
redeclaring them all the time). I've not been setting the cursor to Nil
when I'm done with it.
So this is the problem :
When I have a cursor open that's done for instance "SELECT * FROM
userID" and I try to do "DELETE * FROM userDetails" it fails. If I
create a SELECT on userDetails or set the cursor to Nil then the delete
works.

So my conclusion is that if you have an active cursor that's affecting a
specific table, you cannot do an SQL query to delete from another table.
Are my assumptions correct and do I need to clear my cursor, or force
myself to redeclare the cursor variable each time I use it?

Regards,
Deane