Server installer error again

Tim Davis timdavis at amug.org
Fri Sep 12 23:21:21 CDT 2003

Hi everyone,

>>> But how you work around it then?
>> I don't have a workaround, I had to switch back to a33.
>> I somehow got past this error the other day but it was some kind of
>> fluke.
> Aha,
> So this is urgent problem, yes?
> Let's ask other developers to get more statistic:
>     guys, can you give us info if you have with success or fail
>     install Vserver a35 on MacOS X using installer ?
> Tim have problems with this.
> As I understand only Tim have problem...

When I've tried installing the new servers (a33 and a35) I have gotten
an installer error at Select Destination (2nd step) saying it cannot
install on this disk. I've tried this on three different machines with
Mac OS X (10.2.6), and logged in as admin. Let's help Ruslan track down
the issue and take a vote on who has successfully installed, and who
has run into this error.

I emailed Ruslan again earlier today with a reliable workaround (worked
on each machine every time I tried). If you get the above error, click
the "Go Back" button, then click the "Continue" button again, and then
the Apple package installer allows the installation! Go figure!    : )

Tim Davis