Import

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 12 18:07:52 CDT 2003

on 9/12/03 17:51, Eric Frericks at efrericks at imaginatics.com wrote:

> on 9/11/03 9:10 PM, Eric Frericks at efrericks at imaginatics.com wrote:
>
>> Hello Ruslan,

>> Im experimenting again with another small project. Im trying to import some
>> text files with the following in Director, but nothing is being imported. I
>> tried without the last 3 parameters when instantiating the Vcursor Xtra
>> without success. Now I get a "wrong number of parameters" error. I have
>> version 1.9.7 I downloaded the latest version from the web site, but it would
>> not open with WinZip. I have also attached the text files Im trying to
>> import. Can you take a look? Thanks again Eric

Hi Eric,

Problem is simple.

You try import as you think coma-separated file that looks as

004-005,5,305,205,245,135,105
006-007,-,-,225,-,-,125
9,-,-,225,-,-,125

Valentina for coma-separated file (like Access and FM also) expect that
values are in quotes. You do not have this. And this cause problems.

To resolve task you need simply replace COMA on some special char,
E.g  æ

And use it is field delimiter.

Then all works fine

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com