[V4MD] UPDATE picture field

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 12 15:16:39 CDT 2003

on 9/12/03 13:20, Martin Kloss at martin.kloss at gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently doing all INSERT and UPDATE calls with
> binding, so all values get automatically escaped and I don't
> have to worry about a thing. That's very nice, BUT it
> doesn't seem to work with picture or media fields.
>
> The following simplified statement fails with error 628
>
> UPDATE data SET chapter_ptr = :1, pict = :2 WHERE RecID = 2
>
> (values are: [2, member('pict').picture] )

I am not sure that this was implemented.

> I'm not doing it exactly like this, but in essence it's what
> happens. The member is there and it doesn't matter if
> I'm using the member ref itself or the member(n).picture property.
>
> Ruslan, you said that the values in the binded array are
> expected to be strings, but how does that work with picture / media
> fields then?

Again to clarify: they are string for V4MD.
In c++ we can bind BLOB values also.

I think it is possible implement what you try to do.
Just I was not so smart to invent such syntax :-)

I need look on this.

> I don't want to update / insert the record and then separately
> insert / update the picture field with a "setPicture()" call, that
> seems a little redundant.

Of course.

> Again, let me pitch for finally supporting the "image" property
> for picture fields. Ruslan, any news on that one?

Not yet.

Well, it seems I have way to improve V4MD here...

May be I will try also implement binding not only with strings but with
numbers also...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com