Encoding.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 10 09:25:23 CDT 2003

on 9/9/03 11:54 PM, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

> Or finally implement encoding property :)

Robert,

Can I ask you explain this for example on VXMCD ?

>From the start:
- Let we create table with one string field with encoding ...
- how to add records to this field (where and how specify encoding
    of assigned string)
- how to read string
- ho to do SQL query if table have fields with different encodings?
    or we need prohibit this?

Can you demonstrate your DREAM from point of view of VXCMD or even better 2
products?

Problem is that in e.g. REALBasic they have own REALstring class where
string itself know its current encoding.
But in VXCMD we do not have such features.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com