Both Server and Local databases?

Mike Albert malbert at asia.apple.com
Tue Sep 9 16:33:40 CDT 2003

Would it be feasible to add to the V4RB plugin (not Client) the ability to ignore the extra parameters (not do anything) for the statement "VDatabase(inhost, inuser, inpasswd)".  If it could do this then I would be able to develop my project as a single project and then just swap in the appropriate plugin to test the client.

I have already built all of the server hooks into my source....the difficulty I face is that neither plug-in understands (or ignores) the syntax superset - so I have to modify the source repeatedly to be able to switch between client and server based testing....this takes a lot of time.

If we had the above, we could avoid changing the source just to test server functionality etc. and make life a lot easier.

Just a suggestion.

regards
Mike