VCXMD with VSRV - Getting Started

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Sep 6 22:07:01 CDT 2003

on 9/6/03 9:56 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> on mouseUp
> get Valentina("SetDebugLevel",3)
> get Valentina("Init",20*1024*1024,<your Mac SN>,<your Win SN>)
> put Valentina("Database_New","localhost","sa","sa",15432) into gDBRef
> put Valentina("Database_Open","krdb",gDBRef) into gDBRef
> end mouseUp
>
> This all worked. (Yay!) However when I added a line to query the
> connected database with something simple:
>
> on mouseUp
> get Valentina("SetDebugLevel",3)
> get Valentina("Init",20*1024*1024,<your Mac SN>,<your Win SN>)
> put Valentina("Database_New","localhost","sa","sa",15432) into gDBRef
> put Valentina("Database_Open","krdb",gDBRef) into gDBRef
> put Valentina("Database_SQLSelectRecords",gDBRef,"SELECT * FROM
> Users") into tData
> answer tData
> end mouseUp
>
> I get an "ERROR 1020" being returned by Valentina on the
> "Database_SQLSelectRecords" line. Any idea why this is happening?

enum EServer_Errors
{
    kSRV_ServerError = 1000,
    kSRV_ConnectionLimit,
    kSRV_ProtocolNotSupported,
    kSRV_NotEnoughMemory,
    kSRV_InvalidAccess,     //This error DOES NOT HAVE an entry in the
gSRV_ErrorMap !!!
    kSRV_InvalidUserNameOrPassword,
    kSRV_InvalidUserName,
    kSRV_InvalidDataBaseName,
    kSRV_NotSupported,
    kSRV_InvalidIdentifier,            // Invalid identifier was supplied by
the client
    kSRV_OperationFailed,            // Requested by the client operation
was failed
    kSRV_AlreadyExist,                // Object alreary exists (field,
baseobject, database, user)
    //...
    kSRV_WrongResponse,
    kSRV_UnexpectedOperation,        // Command is not expected at this time
    kSRV_LogFail,
    kSRV_InitFailed,                // Server initializatin failed
    kSRV_CannotAuthenticateUser,    // Server was unable to authenticate
user.
    kSRV_AccessDenied,                // Access denied
    kSRV_OutOfSync,                    // Command is out of sync
    kSRV_Unknown,                    // Unknown server error
    kSRV_NoCurrentDb,                // Database not set
    kSRV_InvalidCommand,            // Command cannot be executed on this
type of object
    kSRV_CorruptedRegistry,            //
    kSRV_ConnectionTimedOut            // Connection timed out
};

As I see,  1020 this is
    kSRV_NoCurrentDb,                // Database not set

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com