VCXMD with VSRV - Getting Started

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Sep 6 20:06:28 CDT 2003

on 9/6/03 7:02 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>> New  a33 build uploaded
>
> Thanks, Ruslan!
>
>> In my letters to list a couple of weeks ago I have describe
>> ho VXCMD client should be used.
>>
>> Ask if problems.
>
> Sorry, I checked my list logs and I didn't see it. Can you resend it to
> the list? I'll then try to get it working and report back to the list.

Here it is:

1) I have upload new build of VXCMD archives (located on beta pages.)
    Trevor, this should fix your problem with TEXT field from RevDB.

2) I have upload VXCMD Client archives on beta pages.

    * I have not tests them!
    * they contains just DLLs of client.

    * I assume you should be able replace VXCMD dll on Client DLL
        and all must works.
    * May be you will need rename VXCMD_Client_xxxxxx to VXCMD_xxxx

    Please test this self.

3) Note, that for CLIENT you need little redesign you Open() Create() calls
Using this methods:

    dbRef = Database_New( inHost, inUserName, inUserPassword, Port )
    dbRef = Database_Create( dbPath, Mode, SegmentSize, dbRef )
    dbRef = Database_Open( dbPath, dbRef )

At first you MUST create db object by Database_New() then use that dbRef in
Open() Create() calls.

Note, that with Vserver you send NOT Path, but simple DbName as it is known
to Vserver.

4) of course you need download Vserver.

5) Again, I assume that we will be able to use THE SAME xfcn and CODE
resources to access this new DLLs. (at least if we rename that DLLS to old
names, although this is not comfortable because better to have names of DLLs
that show if this is client dll or no).

6) I will be MANY MANY thanks, if Charles or somebody else will help me and
change VXCMD example to be used as CLIENT.