New to VSRV: master.vdb is blank?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 5 20:19:27 CDT 2003

on 9/5/03 8:10 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed VSRV on OS X and I noted in a post to
> the list that to use an existing database reuquires adding it to the
> Databases table of master.vdb. However I open it in VAPP and it is
> totally empty! No baseobjects at all. Should I just add a table called
> "Databases" with the two fields it needs or should I reinstall, or what?

Hi Ken,

This is because Vserver is running and it keep masterdb open.
So VAPP cannot get access to it.

To stop Vserver You need
1) using terminal and TOP command define id of Vserver
2) use command in terminal "kill id"

To start Vserver again without restart of computer you need
Drag and drop to terminal window file

    Library/StartupItems/ValentinaServer/ValentinaServer

And press return.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com