[V4MD] Escape Chars

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 15:28:21 CDT 2003

Hi,

it seems like it's the Friday afternoon that stops me from thinking clearly...

Since there isn't an escape function in V4MD (or the other interfaces)
to my knowledge, which characters need to be escaped?

I'm using the binding feature for INSERT and UPDATE statements,
but a SELECT statement query with a value that contains i.e.
a RETURN character fails:

SELECT RecID FROM foo WHERE bar = 'something with
a return'

Of course I could find workarounds, like modifying the field
data and replace all returns with, say <BR> or else, but that
wouldn't really solve the problem. Is there a way to escape
the RETURN character? Valentina does not seem to be blind
about whitespace, so the SELECT will always fail :-(

Btw. it would be really nice to have an EscapeString() function
in V4MD so slow text parsing in Lingo can be avoided.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd