[VSRV][V4RB] connection status

Tim Davis timdavis at amug.org
Thu Sep 4 13:13:38 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan and Igor,

>>> Yes, it's already implemented.
>> In the current or upcoming version of V4RB, because I don't see IsOpen
>> available?
> IsOpen() will not work in that way.
> It will repeate logic of local db.
>     -- AFTER open() it returns TRUE always
>     -- AFTER close() it returns false.

Sorry, for some reason I'm not getting this. I understand open and
close. Can the client ask the server if the connection is open? Or do I
have to simply call Open(), (in which case it will reopen if
closed/disconnected), and therefore is always true. If so, in reality
I'm opening/reopening rather than asking if connected. Or am I way off?

> Also in today new build you will find:
> * Vserver.Restart()
> * Vserver.Shutdown()
> * VCLientInfo.Loging - property
> * Vdatabase.ResponseTimeOut property

Quite valuable.

Just curious, are the new ClientInfo features going to make it in this
next build? (Discussed Aug 29, 30: dns disable, return IP address if no
domain name, client name property, and referring to client & db by
name.)

You guys are great! Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks!
Tim Davis