[V4MD] special language character search

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 28 18:27:09 CST 2003

on 10/28/03 18:19, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

>> At 17:06 28.10.2003, you wrote:
>>> Yes, of course they are stored as ASCII chars.
>>> For search Valentina use your settings of Language of Field,
>>> To set locale for it. Then Valentina use system calls.
>>
>> Hmm, ok but which language setting would be correct for
>> text input that has special chars from at least 5 different languages?
>>

> Good question. Ruslan, is 2.0 beta still on track for "late
> October/early November"?

Release?!
No. And alphas also on hold.

But good news for you, we already have port all our sources to IBM's
unicode library!

Now we work on fixing back our tests after such huge changes.
Also we work on porting of this library to CodeWarrior (IBM do not give it
for us :)

This library of course is great, but also huge!
Its full size -- 8 + 1 MB.
If use not all 170 languages then it go down to 3.5-4MB.

And Valentina 2.0 kernel already have grow from 1.2MB
To about 2.5MB and we still grow it.

So be prepared to see Valentina 2.0 in size of

    3MB kernel + 3-4MB unicode support

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com