Connection speed

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 28 01:21:57 CST 2003

on 10/28/03 1:02, Deane Venske at dean at eduss.com wrote:

Hi Deane,

>> Well, of course this is normal way that app do:
>>
>>    Valentina Init
>>
>>         open
>>         close
>>         open
>>         close
>>
>>    ValentinaShutDown
>>
>> So of course!!!
>> Do not do shutdown without strong reason on that.

> Is there an equivalent for this in REALBasic, because I only use
> db.close, and the speed is still slow.

equivalent of what?

>>> I'm sorry I don't have any more information for you, but I will keep testing
>>> anything you might need.
>>>

>> So what TIME of connection if no shutdown ?
>>
>> Acceptable ?
>>

> In director without using the valentina shutdown, the speed is
> acceptable as far as I can see. I'll run some tests to give you some
> accurate times with code that we will be using.

1) You are going to use both: RB and Director ?
Or you choose between them?

2) you say V4RB is slower of V4MD on connect ?
    on the same platform ?
    I mean you test both e.g. On AMC and later on WIN?

Just Impossible that they have different time on the same platform,
Because engine the same.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com