AW: AW: Server crashed

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Mon Oct 27 12:25:59 CST 2003

OK, it is when you order by RecID. I started using this today from an old
script and I don't know if it is allowed to sort by RecID, but anyway, the
server crashes with it!! I can not connect again (the log says I am
connected, but Director gives me an 10053) and the server service can almost
not be quitted.

Here is my message window (Vserver a44, Xtra a43, WinXP, Dir 8.5.1)

put VALmakeCursorWithAllRecordsFromTable("TexteTable","Text_name")
-- "select RecID, * from TexteTable ORDER BY Text_name"
-- <Xtra child "VCursor" 1 5975084>

put VALmakeCursorWithAllRecordsFromTable("TexteTable","RecID")
-- "select RecID, * from TexteTable ORDER BY RecID"
error 10054
error 10054
error 10054
-- 0

on VALmakeCursorWithAllRecordsFromTable tableName, o
  s="select RecID, * from "&tableName&&"ORDER BY"&&o
  put s
  set xCursor = new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(VAL[#ID]), s,2,1,2)
  if ValentinaError()<>0 then
    VALerror=ValentinaErrorString()
    xCursor=0
    return 0