RecIDs in Cursor

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Thu Oct 23 21:18:05 CDT 2003

Please forgive me if this is a really stupid question.

How do extract recID's from different tables in a cursor.

Let's say the main table I am querying is called People and it has
several object pointer links to other tables, say Cities,  and States
for example.

I want to do a SELECT that basically says:

"SELECT  People.*, Cities.recID, States.recID FROM People, Cities,
States WHERE
Cities.recID = People.city_ptr AND States.recID = People.state_ptr"

How do I then access the individual recID's

Can I say:

"SELECT states.recID as stateID" ?

or is there a much better way of doing this?

Cheers,

Ian