Getting started using the server

Barney barney at custombased.com
Thu Oct 23 20:58:25 CDT 2003

Sorry guys, I'm a bit behind the eight ball here.

I'm exploring the server for the first time. I haven't
had time to read all the threads over the months ( sorry ) and
have just been browsing the archives but am still not rolling.

I have downloaded the latest V4RB plugin from the site.

Have taken a little app and instead of opening with :

DB = New Vdatabase

I've changed it to :

DB = New Vdatabase("LocalHost","sa","sa")

But RB 5.0 just tells me there should be no parameters ?

What have I missed here ? I see some of the archives
speak of needing a second / different plugin. I haven't
read anything about this in the doc's ? and can't find anything
on the site to this effect ?

Vserver is installed and running on my machine.

What are the steps required to get past base one with an existing
little project ?

Are there any small example RB projects floating around that demonstrate
an RB client setup ?

Many thanks.

Barney Hyde.