[VCOM] Valentina and Flash for desktop applications -- new approach

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 23 16:44:33 CDT 2003

on 10/23/03 16:21, Olaf Schmidtmann at os at brainbits.net wrote:

> 3) Flash and no Valentina :-(
> Everything can be done with XML-files in Flash, but searches would be
> difficult and slow. Indexing must be done in a very intelligent way and this
> makes everything less flexible. Flash is not very quick reading XML-files -
> huge ones are not possible.
>
> 4) Flash, Screenweaver and Valentina
> I already use Screenweaver (http://www.screenweaver.com) as development
> enviroment to extent Flash desktop capabilities (it is great). With
> Screenwaever it is possible to use dll files directly so it could be used to
> connect to Valentina COM.
>
> 5) Something completey different
> I do not want to start with something from the scratch but maybe there are
> other solutions (like Runtime Revolution)?

Olaf,

Once again, look on this article on macromedia site about how to use
Valentina for Director with Flash.

May be this will work for you?

Hi guys,

I have found this great article about Flash itself,
And about  how to use V4MD with flash

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/director/articles/flash_in_director_7.ht
ml

Author of article is Mark Jonkman