[C++, 2.0] IF we need I_Stream ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 21 23:40:40 CDT 2003

Hi All C++ developers,

I want get advice from you.

Now we consider adding of interfaces
    I_Stream
    I_InputStream
    I_OutputStream

To API of 2.0 C++ SDK.

>From one side this can be useful...from other side I still not see very
strong reasons to do this...So may be somebody of you can show me that
reasons.

* Right now we have use stream only in Vserver as wrapper to SOCKET.

* Also I see potential ability to use streams in BLOB fields as second way
to access BLOB data. The benefit of stream here that we can read even by one
byte. And we can not worry about tmp buffer...although this reduce speed I
think.

Anybody have see any other usage of streams in some DB SDK?
Or may be have ideas where we can use streams?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com