A few questions

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 11:33:42 CDT 2003

I'm just starting my first Valentina project for while and have some
questions regarding changes since I Iast used it seriously.

Am I right in thinking that I should now user cursors - rather than
baseObjects - for updates?

If this is the case, what about creating records?

Let's say I have some code I use for creating a new record. It uses
"setBlank" on the baseObject and then populates it with values before
calling "addRecord".

In the past, I could use the majority of this code - the bit that
populates the table/baseObject - in my update routine. What happens now
if I have to use a cursor for the update part?

Also, my project is likely to end up running on vServer. However, I am
doing most of the early development using the regular RB plugin and
methods. I know about the differences when creating db's etc. Is this a
safe thing to do and are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of
when working this way?

Thanks,

Ian