Binding with UPDATE

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 16 09:27:56 CDT 2003

on 10/16/03 7:44, Deane Venske at dean at eduss.com wrote:

> It's always scary when you start replying to your own emails... kind of
> like talking to one's self :P
>
> I've noticed that SELECT has no binding either. That's probably why
> there is no binding for WHERE clauses. I'd love to be able to use
> Binding throughout an SQL query because I do believe it would make
> writing Valentina code quicker and easier.

Correct.

Binding was added only into INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE (not in part WHERE)

Yes I agree that it will be cool provide binding params in any place of SQL
query. We have not this yet in SQL parser of 2.0. But I think we will add
it.

Also by standard must be used simply '?' in place of bind param.
Not :1 as we use now (this syntax is from Oracle I think).

I don't know if we will be able preserve :1 syntax in 2.0.
If not then you will need update your sources to replace :1 on ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com