[VSRV] Overall speed versus open/close trick

X Y xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 12:52:17 CDT 2003

Hi All,
I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers
on what to do. I was assuming that the speed of
vserver is much faster than doing the open close
trick.

However, when I did a small test to compare the 2 I
found out that this is not the case and that
open/close if 5x faster on the same network. Can
anyone point to me what I might be doing wrong?

Is it the performance graph a straight line w. vserver
that as you add more user the performance is the
constant. Whereas, w. the open/close trick it is
linear wrt the # if users?

Thanks