questions about VNET

SoftIl softil at onlinehome.de
Tue Oct 14 16:54:50 CDT 2003

> > How can I check the object? If I do this "_myField == null" I get always
> > false.
>
> Whjat is _myField = 0 ?
Nothing, because _myField == 0 returns false, because _myField is an object
from type VNET.VField but without an fieldhandle.

> > That's the same with all other objects (databaseobject,...).
>
> Not success operation throw exception, yes?
No, the operation throw no exception, but I get no valid handle return.

> So I cannot understand your problem.
> If you catch exception then you cannot think about _myField as a good
> object!

I get no exception if I create the field, in case of the field is existing.

I need a possibility to check if the operation (for example CreateField) ok
or not ok,
or has an DataBase object an valid handle or not (for example).

Carsten