V4RB SQL Select Problem

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue Oct 14 09:05:39 CDT 2003

Hi Cindy,

le 14-10-03 7:44, Cindy <alvin at ins.co.nz> a écrit :

> I thought I had fixed it but seems I was wrong. I cannot get a select query
> to compare one field with another field.

I don't think Valentina allow us to compare 2 fields in SQL query.

> My Age-3 (now AgeN3) field works
> out the age of the student less 3 years. I then want to know all students
> who have a ministry year that is less than or equal to that method field
> (AgeN3). Both in viSQL and in V4RB I get a 616 error and the select fails. I
> can display all with a ministry year less than 3, for example, but that is
> not what I want. I want to bring up a select based on the results of two
> different fields - only select the records whose ministry year is less than
> their age-3.

I think you could use a method field in witch you do the calculation (Age -
Ministry_Year). Now you can do :

Select ... From Students WHERE Age_Years <= 8 AND AgeLessMinistry_Year <= 3

Best regards

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin