is this OK

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 13 21:21:18 CDT 2003

on 10/13/03 21:34, Eric Frericks at efrericks at imaginatics.com wrote:

Hi Eric,

> Im working on a project which requires 7 data entry screens for 1 record.
> When the user wants to add a record I first do this:
> SetBlank(pCurrentCursor)
>
> Each time they navigate to the next screen I am doing this:
>
> repeat with j = 1 to numFieldsOnForm
> --strFldContent = (get data)
> SetField(pCurrentCursor, j, strFldContent)
> end repeat
>
> When I get to the end of the 7th screen I ask if they want to save or
> cancel. If they want to save I just call:
> UpdateRecord(pCurrentCursor)
>
> Is it OK to do nothing if they choose to cancel? Im assuming that by calling
> setField Im using memory, Is there a way to clear this?

This is true if you do not use BLOB fields.
Only for BLOB fields (BLOB, Text, Picture) Valentina put value on disk on
SetField().

So if there is no BLOB then no problems in your case.
Otherwise you can save your blob values into tmp variables / cast members
and only on confirmation of customer put them into fields.

Because there is no easy way cancel that values if they are on disk.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com