is this OK

Eric Frericks efrericks at imaginatics.com
Mon Oct 13 13:34:28 CDT 2003

Im working on a project which requires 7 data entry screens for 1 record.
When the user wants to add a record I first do this:
SetBlank(pCurrentCursor)

Each time they navigate to the next screen I am doing this:

repeat with j = 1 to numFieldsOnForm
	--strFldContent = (get data)
	SetField(pCurrentCursor, j, strFldContent)
end repeat

When I get to the end of the 7th screen I ask if they want to save or
cancel. If they want to save I just call:
UpdateRecord(pCurrentCursor)

Is it OK to do nothing if they choose to cancel? Im assuming that by calling
setField Im using memory, Is there a way to clear this?

Im doinbg this in Director 8.5 by the way Thanks
Eric