vServer - Just Starting Out

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 17:24:29 CDT 2003

Just started looking at vServer and trying a few things.

If I create a database in RB using the original plugin and the normal
methods then I have no problem reading this db with an RB application
using the client plugin.

However, I seem to be struggling when trying to create the db using RB
and the client plugin/creation method.

My "master" db "knows" about the file I am trying to create but this
code just crashes my app.

   dim newDB as christmasDb
   dim f as folderItem
   dim res as boolean

   newDB = new christmasDb(theAddress, theUsername, thePassword)

   f = getFolderItem("christmas")

   res = newDB.create( f, 1, 3 * 1024 )

   if(res = false) then
     beep
     alrtCaution("New Database Could Not Be
Created",str(newDB.ErrNumber))
     return
   end if

   newDb.addDefaults

   newDb.close

   alrtNote("The new database was created successfully","Yippee!!")

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ian