Local/Remote Data

Totte Alm totte at code66.se
Mon Oct 13 07:43:42 CDT 2003

måndagen den 13 oktober 2003 kl 06.46 skrev Deane Venske:

> First problem you're going to have is when changes have been made to
> the same data. Who's data is the most recent etc. We're busy writing
> software that has local and remote data sources. The fun part about
> ours is that we have 3 way communication :
>    School <-> Server <-> Home

We "solved" that in a solution,  where the customer realized they didnt
want to spend the money a real solutions would cost, buy setting this
simple rule.
Update was only enabled when online with server. When home, you could
only browse data.

Just an idea, and if the client says no, we want to be able to edit,
then you need to solve the synchronizationproblemens, but you will get
paid for it ;-)
// Totte