Local/Remote Data

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Sat Oct 11 22:50:37 CDT 2003

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 06:01  pm,
valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:

> Why not to use Valentina Server also?

I'd love to - but I don't think I quite understand how!

I have a little experience with mySQL and it is easy to get an internet
account with cheap space that runs MySQL. Also, the site that hosts my
web site already has this as an option. I also envisage displaying at
least some of the data in web pages using php etc.

How would I use Valentina Server?

What would I run it on?

etc. etc.

The database would have to be "on the internet" since all users are in
different locations.

> Do you want synchronization in both directions?

Yes. When the user chooses to "synchronize", the online data would be
updated to show any changes she has made and changes made by other
users would be downloaded to her machine.

> Yes, such column and its value they name TIMESTAMP.
> It should be better ULLONG field.

I don't really understand this. Do you mean it would be better to use a
timestamp column rather than the integer column I suggested in the
first email?

Thanks,

Ian.