OpenBase play

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 9 01:17:02 CDT 2003

Hi Jochen,

Well, I need to say they have really cool GUI.
Of course they have made it on cocoa with Obj - C

I like ideas of

1) importer

2) table creation == schema browser
    they have not bad diagrams like in Access!

3) dialog create new relation

4) part - relations

5) dialog GROUPS

6) Data viewer (No just SQL executor)

Of course Cocoa, gift them cool tables.
Have you see that we can change order of columns by drag on header like in
finder. I doubt wxWindows can do this :-(

Okay, I think we can just repeat all this ideas.
They really are close to perfect.
Such GOOD GUI over good engine will be killer.

OB Engine itself is not very strong on their side.

---
Note, they even do not have Layout Editors.
Hmm, may be in other tool?

BTW, I have subscribe to OB list.
During last 6-7 hours was just one letter!
Not many I need say :-)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com