IN working?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Oct 6 08:49:14 CDT 2003

I'm testing out the IN and NOT IN predicates for VXCMD and it doesn't
appear as it's working (or my understanding is faulty). I've got a table
called "CalendarSetMembers" that has a field called "EntityLink" which
is an objectPtr to my Entities table. From my interface, the user can
select a bunch of individual records from the CalendarSetMembers table,
and I want to put them all into a cursor. My code ends up creating the
SELECT statement below:

  SELECT * FROM CalendarSetMembers WHERE EntityLink IN
('1696','2259','2345','7641')

and this returns a WrongExpression SQL error. I tried it without the
quotes and I get the same result.

Is it me, or is it a bug?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software