AW: AW: Test a40

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 5 11:16:00 CDT 2003

on 10/5/03 10:36 AM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

>> on 10/4/03 8:39 PM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:
>>
>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> I think I have isolate problem.
>>
>> It is related to PICTURE fields.
>> You have cursor SELECT RecID, *
>>
> Ruslan, what about other BLOB fields? Same thing?

Florian,

In fact I recommend to use syntax with SetField().

To work with pictures SetPicture().
As you could read on request of Martin I have add support of binded pictures
when you use

    INSERT INTO T () VALUES (:1, :2)", [cast member "pic", "else"]

And to work with BLOBs you need to use SetMedia() / GetMedia()

---
Syntax AddRecord( cursor, [list] ) looks nice for Lingo developers, but I
think it is slower (well, may be this is not important) and it is in the
first turn for simple types.

Nobody yet ask for such way for BLOBs and pictures.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com