[VSDK] Macho PB 1.9.8

Totte Alm totte at code66.se
Fri Oct 3 21:51:57 CDT 2003

Hello Ruslan,

II have had a problem reported from time to time from my client that I
havent been able to pinoint,
but I was lucky to to get it.

I have my shelltools tat I run form doing "multithreading" of Valentina
operations. I close the DB in the main app, fire a
subtask that does lenghty operantions like munching troough all records
with big operations, or printing many reports.

Sometimes, one of those processs just STALL. The process goes down to
ZERO % CPU, but still live.

I sampled one of those, and here is the result.

# Report 0 - Timed Samples for ShellBundler (process 4863)
Stacks at 2003-10-03 21:47:38 +0200
Samples (displayed/total): 377/377
Call graph:
     377 Thread_6907
       377 start
         377 _start
           377 main
             377 RunBundler(BundleInfoRecord*)
               377 BUBundler(BundleInfoRecord*)
                 377 StdBundler(BundleInfoRecord*)
                   377 MakeBundle(VDK_Cursor*, VDK_Cursor*,
BundleInfoRecord*)
                     377 FBL_IndexedTable::AddRecord(bool)
                       377 BF_STRING::AddToIndex(unsigned long,
FBL_FieldSorter*, char const*, bool)
                         377 FBL_SecondaryIndex::AddPair(unsigned long)
                           377 FBL_SecondaryIndex::Open()
                             377 FBL_SecondaryIndex::OpenFirstTime()
                               377 FBL_SecondaryIndex::BuildIndex()
                                 377 FBL_Task::DoIndexing(FBL_Task*)
                                   377 FBL_IndexerTask::Run()
                                     377 pthread_mutex_lock
                                       377 semaphore_wait_trap
                                         377 semaphore_wait_trap

looks like it freezed dead on a semaphore wait trap down in
FBL_IndexerTask::Run().

Gives you any clues??

// Totte