[V4MD] Import field with return

Gregoire William wgregoire at paris.mediagerance.com
Fri Oct 3 12:24:07 CDT 2003

> > I have an Access base with a Table Mythe, made of IdMythe (key) and
> > Description (memo)
> > On V4MD side, i have my table Mythe made of IdMythe (unique
> indexed) and
> > Description (Text with enought size)
> >
> > my problem : there is some RETURN on the Description Memo...
> >
> > I currently use ImportASCII(tblCurs,the
> moviepath&"mythe.txt",TAB,RETURN)
> > and so, you easy understand i got some problem on my table :)
> >
> > Do you know an easy way to Export a table from Access and
> Import it on V4MD
> > ?
> > Important : I CAN'T install something like ODBC engine, etc....
> > So my question is near to How import text table with memo inside ?
>
> Hi Gregoire,
>
> You need Export from Access into COMA separated file,
> And import into Valentina using
>
>     ImportASCII(tblCurs,the moviepath&"mythe.txt",COMA,RETURN)
> I think this way should work.

no...since it's a memo (so text) i can have "," ;)

It seems the only way is
ImportASCII(tblCurs,the moviepath&"mythe.txt",TAB,<unused symbol>)  (i
personnaly use "?")
but access doesn't let you define the records delimiters (only fields and
text delimiters), it's why i asked if there is another way :(

thanks anyway

WilG