AW: Left outer join

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Thu Oct 2 17:31:57 CDT 2003

> Please look into ValentinaSQL.pdf
>
> We use syntax of SQL Server
>
>     WHERE id *= ptr

I did Ruslan. As I always do at least 20 minutes BEFORE I ask. Unfortunately
I can not even find whether LEFT OUTER JOIN is supported at all. It is not
even in the text of the pdf.
Also I am quite new to SQL.

I also found out that this is the right syntax for alias
SELECT * FROM KUNDENtable A, KUNDENKARTENtable B WHERE A.KD_ID=1 AND
B.CRD_KD_ID=A.KD_ID
This works well but gets me a result only when the B.CRD_KD_ID=A.KD_ID finds
a record in table B ( I habe been using this before without the Aliasses).
What I want is all A records no matter if an eqivalent B record exists, but
if it does then with ist fields.

But as soon as I put LEFT OUTER JOIN in it, I get 602

Sorry for asking,

Maybe someone else on the list could tell me how a left outer join is done.

Best regards, Florian