[V4MD] / [ALL] orphaned segments in text field

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Oct 1 10:20:22 CDT 2003

At 10:56 01.10.2003 +0300, you wrote:
>May be he insert VERY BIG texts?
>This of course should now make difference. Just an idea.

What are very big texts? They insert RTF docs and plain text
docs, some of them may have 20 pages of text, so you might
consider that big :-)

>What about VarChar? How you able continue with this?

I don't know, the DIAGNOSE does not show any problems
in VarChar fields, but the SELECT statement shows the
"field corrupted" error message, but ONLY directly after
the deletion, not when I select it after opening the db, very weird.

>Orphan segments later can be easy remove by XML Dump/Load.
>So this is not fatal problem I think.

ok, sounds good. do you think I should do an XML dump
now, just to make sure everything is alright?

>Just I do not understand how you get them.

Me neither, I will look into the record and check if
I see anything weird in the data.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de