[V4RB] Problem adding records

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Thu Nov 27 21:51:28 CST 2003

Hi,

I have a Database that doesn't create records when I ask it to do so. I
mean, I call Addrecord, then flush, no error occurs but 0 record is
added and getRecID returns 0 as well. My app is however able to add
records to other databases fine. Only a specific database seems to be
locked. Exporting and importing a XML dump fixes the problem however I
just would like to know the reason for this behavior. The only
difference with this database and the others is that it has been sent
by e-mail as an attachment without being previously compressed. Anyway,
in the case the file is corrupted, can it cause this kind of behavior?
I mean Valentina never returns an error when trying to create a record?
Could I do something to check if a database is corrupted or not?
vdb.SQLExecute("DIAGNOSE DATABASE") returns no error...

Thanks,
~/Stan