AW: Database INSERT: use Flush

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 26 16:49:38 CST 2003

on 11/26/03 12:04 PM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

>> But I wonder, if you in YOUR app add by INSERT 2 records, DO
>> NOT do flush, But you should do CLOSE() yes?
>>
> I darkly remember a mail I sent you that at least in client/server
> application the close had not flushed/saved my data. I had to do a flush
> before closing!

Yes, on server side DB stay open after client say db.Close()

But when server quite and close db, then flush() happens in any case.

So, yes, client in most cases will want to flush() its modifications to
disk, although in some cases we can NOT do this to be faster.

-------
Please keep in mind, that when we get transactions all manipulations with
flush() will be not needed.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com