The best method to save dates to a Valentina DB so that regional settings don't bother them?

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 14:30:21 CST 2003

on 26/11/03 3:34, Deane Venske at deane.venske at eduss.com wrote:

> WHat's the best way to save dates to Valentina? Would it be to make a
> method that returns the current dateTime? Are there any examples out
> there? I want to make sure I get this right, because I've always had
> problems in the past no matter what DB/Programming language combination I
> use.

Normal thing to do is stick to a fixed format internally and then format it
with locale settings for display. I recommend the ISO date format of
"YYYY-MM-DD" for good external compatibility, and it also happens to sort
correctly as a string.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture