[V4MD] SetField failure

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 21 02:46:20 CST 2003

on 11/21/03 1:26 AM, Scott Runkel at srunkel at hypix.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I've attached a simplified version of my .dir file (Director MX). In case it
> doesn't come through the script is pasted below. After creating the database
> and
> running "populateTable" handler, the "alltext" field of the DB has weird stuff
> in it. Like "0vÏ" in one record and "0nÏ" in another and "0Ð" in another
> (this
> is via Studio). Thanks!

Hi Scott,

So I run your project, and in second loop where you do Update()
I see in Message window

* V4MD *: GetRef...done
* V4MD *: new VCursor...done
* V4MD *: Cursor_GetRecordCount...done
* V4MD *: Cursor_GoToRecord...done
* V4MD *: Cursor_SetField...done
* V4MD *: Cursor_UpdateRecord...error 605

Error 605 means Read ONLY.

And really, you have not specify for Cursor parameter ReadWrite
You see?

    goCursor = new(Xtra "VCursor", GetRef(goDB), sql)
                                                                    ^^^^^^^^
                                                        here must be
                                                      added ReadWrite
                                                        parameter