[V4MD] member().media into varbinary

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Thu Nov 20 13:20:33 CST 2003

Please excuse my lack of knowledge...

I want to put member().media of many #text members into Valentina. It appears
that this could be put into a BLOB or a varbinary or a fixedbinary. I think
varbinary makes the most sense, since I don't need the size that BLOB allows.
But I'm not sure...

The other major question is, for varbinary, what to set as the MaxLength. The
doc states "For FixedBinary and VarBinary field you must specify Param1 as
MaxLength." What if I choose a length that's too low -- will some of my members
get cut off or corrupted? If I choose a length that's way too high -- will my
database be bloated?

The VKernal reference has almost no information on varbinary, except that it is
"binary data of variable length" from 1..65535 bytes.

TIA,

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology