[V4MD] picture pixel bug

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Thu Nov 20 10:04:41 CST 2003

At 23:26 19.11.2003, you wrote:
>Will Valentina's TEXT field retain the formatting/RTF/HTML of a Director #text
>member? They have formatting that includes superscripts, subscripts, colored
>text, underlines, bold, italics, different font sizes, etc. For some reason I
>thought TEXT fields were just for holding raw text. I need to store the
>castmember itself, really.

Well, it depends on what you're storing, really.
You can store a couple of thinks like member().media, member().picture,
member().text etc.
If you're using styled text, you can either save the RTF or HTML information

member().rtf
member().html

in a TEXT field and keep the formatting information, while at the
same time be able to search the text, or you can store the

member().text

in a TEXT field, parse the RTF or Lingo style information, such as
font, fontStyle etc. and store that style / markup in some lingo list
or other format in a separate "format" TEXT field, so your searches
will not find things like "font".

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de