VServer custom installs

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 20 10:21:35 CST 2003

on 11/20/03 2:25 AM, Deane Venske at deane.venske at eduss.com wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm busy putting together some alpha builds of or product to get tested,
> and I'm wanting to install the valentina server. There has been mention
> of a custom installer that we can customise for ourself. Is this
> available yet? I'd also like to find out the possibility of not having
> the Vserver installed VIA windows installer, and also whether it is
> necessary for VServer to run as a service or if we can just launch it
> ourselves as an application. Hoping it's going to be that easy.

Hi Deane,

1) I will send you docs on custom server off list

2) we think that service is best way.
But you can right now not register Vserver as service and simply run it as
DOS app. You will see its log in BLACK DOS window, in fact this is also
comfortable way for development -- because you see in LIVE log from server.

3) yes you can use ANY installer you want.
As I know Florian have use not .msi

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com