Problem with joins and where.

Deane Venske deane.venske at eduss.com
Thu Nov 20 13:48:05 CST 2003

Hi there,

I'm getting a 1019 error on a query in the latest VServer. I was not
getting this before I upgraded to the latest (I forget which I was last
using I think a42)

SELECT userDetails.firstName, userDetails.lastName FROM user,
userDetails WHERE user.userID = userDetails.userID AND user.username =
'admin'  --> This works perfectly.
SELECT userDetails.firstName, userDetails.lastName FROM user,
userDetails WHERE user.userID = userDetails.userID AND user.username =
'admi'  --> This throws back an error and kills my connection to the DB

As you can see the only difference is in the WHERE clause. The first
query has a match, the second doesn't because there is no user with the
username 'admi'.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Deane.