Problem Found message in diagnostic report with an encrypted database...

Srinivas Yalamarti syalamar at fiberlink.com
Wed Nov 19 11:40:40 CST 2003

Hi

On Database A, I did a:

            ECursorLocation eCurLoc = kServer; // kClient / kServer /
kServerBulk
            ELockType eLocType = kNoLock; // kNoLock / kReadOnly /
kReadWrite
            ECursorDirection eCurDir = kForwardOnly; // kForwardOnly /
kRandom

            _bstr_t selectStr = _T("SELECT * FROM ");
            selectStr += tableName;
            pCursor = m_pfsdDatabase->SqlSelect(CT2CA(selectStr), eCurLoc ,
eLocType, eCurDir );
            pCursor->ExportASCII(CT2CA(strTargetDiskFileName));

On an empty Database B which has the same 'schema' as Database A, I did a

            ECursorLocation eCurLoc = kServer; // kClient / kServer /
kServerBulk
            ELockType eLocType = kNoLock; // kNoLock / kReadOnly /
kReadWrite
            ECursorDirection eCurDir = kForwardOnly; // kForwardOnly /
kRandom

            _bstr_t selectStr = _T("SELECT * FROM ");
            selectStr += tableName;
            pCursor = m_pfsdDatabase->SqlSelect(CT2CA(selectStr), eCurLoc ,
eLocType, eCurDir );
            pCursor->ImportASCII(CT2CA(strSourceDiskFileName));
            delete pCursor;
            m_pfsdDatabase->Flush();  // immediate flush

to import data from the generated ASCII file to the same table into the new
database B.

When Database B is created with an encryption key and then I do an
ImportASCII, the 'diagnose database'
gives me "Table has 1355 physical records so Bool field
must have length = 170 but it is = 1024" and 'Table has 4869 physical
records but field has 4657'
kind of messages.

But, when Database B is created without encryption, the diagnostic report
shows 'All Right' - no problems.

I am making sure that the database is flushed properly after the import and
also making sure that
it is getting closed properly.  But still this occurs.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Regards,
SY

computer.