Newbie, V4RB (14-Nov beta) Delete fails

Mike Dodd doddme at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 16 21:30:28 CST 2003

Why would I not be able to delete a record that was added to a table?

  if job_cursor.firstRecord then
    do
      if run_job(job_cursor.field("recid").getstring) then
        l_recid = val(job_cursor.field("recid").getstring)
        if app.mdatabase.mjobs.gotorecid(l_recid) then
          if app.mdatabase.mjobs.deleterecord() then
            writeLog("Inside Poll for jobs -Record Deleted")
          else
            writelog("Inside Poll for jobs - could not delete the record")
          end if
        end if
      end if
    loop until job_cursor.nextrecord = FALSE

I add the record and I even tried 'flushing' the record, (which works fine,
because my test records keep accumulating as expected).

I tried deleting off the cursor itself and it fails too.

Any ideas?