Getting started with VServer

Barney Hyde barney at custombased.com
Fri Nov 14 12:15:24 CST 2003

> Hi Barney,
>
> You say you run it on OS 10.1.5 ?
>
> Hmm, it seems we even did not test it.
> May be it simply not works on 10.1....
>
> Is it problem for you use 10.2?

As it happens I'm actually getting a new computer tommorow which will
have new OS's
on it I guess.

I thought this was a bit odd as I've been hiring a G4 for the last
couple of months while
waiting for the new macs to arrive over here.

I had Vserver running quite successfully on the G4, though I still
couldn't establish a VDatabase
object, BUT at least the server WAS running cause CPU monitor showed it
going and I played
around with the admin session code in the 'SingleTable' example.

Maybe best I wait till new computer arrives tommorow with 10.3 on it and
try my luck with that ?

Barney