[VSDK] SetLanguage

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Thu Nov 13 15:57:05 CST 2003

>>> Yes, Valentina have own mapping,
>>> I do not remember if it is opened in C++ SDK.
>>> Check for FBL_LanguageManager class and FBL_Language
>>
>> I've looked at them, but not sure how to use them for my own needs.
>>
>>> Wait, or you ask if Valentina check DEFAULT OS language ?
>>> No, you need dictate language for each field of db.
>>
>> That's fine with me to have to set it for each fields. However, I would like
>> to have a function like:
>>
>> const char * FBL_LanguageManager::GetLanguageNameForLocaleSorting()
>                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                                       why sorting?

Simply because locale is very generic, you have locale for display, etc.

>> That way, I could then set it to all the fields I want, easily...
>
> In 2.0 with IBM library ICU they define current locale as I have see.

Finally, I found a better solution. Valentina provides a way to install
callbacks for comparison: SetCompareFunction(). In fact, it also help me to
resolve another problem: I use UTF-8 encoding for the strings. So, I'm now
sure all the comparisons are done correctly!

Thanks anyway.

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>