CONVERT RDBLINK crashing

Peter De Berdt peter.de.berdt at pandora.be
Wed Nov 12 12:26:05 CST 2003

Using RB 5.2.1, MacOS 10.2.8

I'm having trouble migrating an Interbase export (tab-delimited) to Valentina.

I have been able to import the records, no problem here. There are
ten tables that are imported, some of them have 10,000+ records (the
largest table has 69,000 records, all importing at decent speed).

I also created ObjectPtr Fields defining relations between the
tables. All of these are set to 0 as they ain't defined when
importing.

After importing all files, I used the following SQL command in order
to convert the Interbase related fields to Valentina's ObjectPtrs:

res=myDB.SQLExecute("CONVERT RDBLINK Contacts.CustomerID=Customers.ID
INTO Contacts.Customer_Ptr")

Three records are processed, then the application crashes, no RB
error, no Valentina error. This happens on all three platforms (MacOS
X, MacOS 9 and Windows).

I tried to link other tables (in case there was an error in the
Customers<->Contacts relation), but all attempts resulted in a crash).

I must add the fields coming from Interbase that relate are in fact
VarChars and not Unsigned Longs, but they do match. So, I'm using
CONVERT RDBLINK between two VarChar fields (identical length and
structure).

Any clue as to why this crashes?

Peter De Berdt